You know you matter right, catch lyrics from Christina Aguilera(sing along if you like)
'I am beautiful
No matter what they say
Words can't bring me down
I am beautiful
In every single way
Yes words can't bring me down
So don't you bring me down today'
You are number ONE, so this idiom means that you should think about yourself first, rather than worrying about other people. (doesn’t mean you are selfish)
We are just checking in to make sure you are taking care of YOU...it’s essential to be looking after YOU!
The stronger we are in our mental, emotional, and physical self-care, the healthier we will stay. And the healthier we stay, the stronger we’ll be for our families, friends and the community at large.
Are you getting enough sleep? Or are you sleeping at all? It is so hard to switch off when there are so many distractions around these days, but you need your sleep to keep your mind and body healthy.
A good night’s sleep for most would be 7 to 9 hours sleep a night. (I wish) but unfortunately, we are not all the same, so it is what works for you.
A couple of tips to try to help YOU get a better night’s sleep and checkout 10 Reasons Why Good Sleep Is Important.
- set a regular bedtime (sounds easy in theory)
- decaffeinate yourself at least 6 hours before bed (wonder if that includes wine)
- de-stress yourself (hook me up for a bubble bath anytime)
- exercise (just gentle stretching right)
- and make your bed your sleep haven (bliss)
How about exercising, are you making time for YOU? Staying physically active and getting regular workouts gives you a sense of direction. Working out keeps your immune system strong and your state of mind clear, calm, and stress free. It is important to keep your mind and body strong for YOU!
We’ve got a few basic exercises you can do at home – so let’s keep it simple (and quick) 10 simple exercises to rock your body.
Need some extra guidance and motivation check it out here – 10 Best Exercises for Every Day
4. Standing with overhead dumbbell presses (or cans of peas)
5. Dumbbell rows
6. Single Led Dead-lifts
7. Burpees (a favorite??)
8. Side planks (yep got that one down plank)
10. Glute bridge (a what the) and repeat. Walking the dogs never sounded so easy before.
Eating right is a process, but you know it will benefit you, it is just getting started to change your habits.
So, we found this for YOU, - 10 Simple Ways To Eating Healthy Without Thinking (works for me)
1. Use smaller plates
2. Make water more readily available (used as a mixer right)
3. Want to drink less alcohol or soda? Use tall, slender glasses instead of short, fat ones. (well no, but okay)
4. Use plates that have a high contrast colour with your food
5. Display healthy foods in a prominent place
6. Wrap unhealthy foods in aluminum foil and healthy foods in glad wrap (hope this works)
7. Keep healthy foods in larger packages and containers, and unhealthy foods in smaller ones.
8. Serve meals by using the “half plate” rule. (on the high contrast colour plate?)
9. Use the “Outer Ring” strategy to buy healthier foods at the supermarket. (who knew, not me)
10. And for the tenth strategy,let's apply these concepts to some other areas of YOUR life…
These days I think we are all looking at ways to de-stress and de-clutter the mind and body. The popularity of meditation is increasing as more people discover its benefits. Meditation is a habitual process of training your mind to focus and redirect your thoughts.
1. Reduce stress (yes please)
2. Controls anxiety
3. Promotes emotional health
4. Enhances self-awareness
5. Lengthens attention span
6. May reduce age related memory loss (better get started)
7. Can generate kindness (that must be good)
8. May help fight addictions
9. Improves sleep (tick)
10. Helps control pain
11. Can decrease blood pressure
12. You can meditate anywhere (I like it)
Meditation is something everyone can do to improve their mental and emotional health, which can be done anywhere.You can do it now, check it out here - 5-Minute Meditation.
So let’s finish they way we started with the lyrics from Christina Aguilera - Beautiful
'And everywhere we go (and everywhere we go)
The sun will always shine (the sun will always, always, shine)
And tomorrow we might awake
On the other side'